Advanced Safeguarding Adults and Children for Managers
2 Days (12 Hours)
The programme covers advanced safeguarding & DOLs for those working within Health and Social Care in the role of Designated Officer or Manager.
By the end of the Advanced Safeguarding course participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of the designated safeguarding children/adult officer
- Understand the key legislation and guidance underpinning the organisation’s policy for responding to concerns
- Decide when and what steps the organisation needs to take to ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people with whom it has contact
- Understand why Adults and Children at risk of harm are inhibited from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child who does disclose
- State why staff may fail to report concerns and how to overcome these
- Make appropriate decisions about the action to take if staff are involved in an incident
- Demonstrate an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support
”“One of the best courses I've done. Basegreen Academy provided clear and focused information on a heavy subject, but allowed for open and honest communication between trainees and trainer. With a subject like safeguarding, dialogue between professionals who work within the same remit, is key to development.”Lauren
Basegreen Academy is an independent training provider based in Sheffield, offering a wide range of education, training and meaningful solutions to businesses nationally.
We are able to offer a complimentary organisational needs analysis designed to understand your business further, identify skills gaps requirements within your organisation and deliver a specific, tailor made learning solution that will provide a positive impact and a tangible return on your investment.
Whether you are keen to upskill your workforce or are thinking about progression/succession planning, Basegreen Academy aims to collaborate with you to provide the required solution to meet your business requirements.