Level 3 Apprenticeship in Ambulance Support Work
Respond to emergency, urgent and/or unscheduled care calls from the public or wider health and social care communities, or provide scheduled non-urgent transport for people with specific health needs.
You will transport patients driving safely and and progressively high speed as needed. You will also be responsible for managing a vehicle. Majority of the time, you will work as a double ambulance crew alongside another non-registered Ambulance Support worker or a senior member of staff such as a Paramedic. Clinical duties will include supporting and assisting the senior clinician and providing a basic level of life saving techniques. This role is for those with experience in healthcare. You will be a role model to the less experienced members of staff and provide them with support when needed.
This apprenticeship includes
- Diploma in Ambulance Emergency and Urgent Care Support
- Level 3 Certificate in Ambulance Response Driving
- Care Certificate
- Safeguarding Qualifications
Required qualifications and experience
- Level 2 in Maths and English (must be completed prior to end point assessment)
- Experience in the healthcare sector
- A full GB licence
- Be willing to undertake a fitness test
- The apprentice must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate
- Any additional employer requirements
- You will be caring, compassionate and empathetic
- You will treat people with respect and dignity
- You will be dedicated, reliable and consistent
Read about the course syllabus on the official Institute of Apprenticeships website.
Enquire About This Course
"*" indicates required fields